Submission instruction for the journal "Mathematical and Physical Fisheries Science"
1. Purposes of the journalOne of the purposes of this journal is to present study results of the researchers conducting studies with applied mathematical contents in various fields in the fishery science regardless of their study methods and categories.
Moreover, this journal aims at spreading various mathematical analytical techniques to be used on actual fishery situations. Therefore, it is preferred that derivation processes of mathematical formulas and theorem proving are explained in detail in appendixes.
2. Type of manuscriptsAuthors are to use the following six types for the contents to be published in the journal "Mathematical and Physical Fisheries Science" of The Japan Society for Mathematical and Physical Fisheries Science are
Papers in which various problems related to the fishery science are discussed from the point of view of the mathematical science. (Peer review is to be conducted)(Charge:10000YEN)
Manuscripts that introduce innovative ideas considered important or formulas that are necessary for actual use however derived automatically comparatively, or pose a theoretical or practical problem. Also, manuscripts that introduce innovative ideas considered important however discuss on results obtained from comparatively easy experiments. (Peer review is to be conducted)(Charge:10000YEN)
Information that enables further constructions and analyses of mathematical-scientific models based on the data/information presented in the manuscript. Moreover, information related to the development of new experimental equipment or experimental results that are thought to contribute to the development of the mathematical and physical fisheries science. (Peer review is to be conducted)(Charge:10000YEN)
Descriptions related to mathematical-scientific methods whose applications are considered important in the fishery science field.(Charge:5000YEN)
Flash reports that have not reached final conclusions however whose progress reports are thought to contribute to scientific development of the mathematical and physical fisheries science.(Charge:5000YEN)
6) [Forum] Opinion papers in which authors discuss with opinions/proposals related to how the mathematical fishery science should be academically. (Charge:5000YEN)
Even when your paper is not applicable to any of the above categories, it will be published if the editing committee judges it will contribute to the academic development of the mathematical and physical fisheries science.
3. Conditions for authorsAt least one of the authors must be a regular or student member. However this condition is not applied when the editing committee specially approves the paper for some particular reasons.
4. ManuscriptAuthors are to write manuscripts in Japanese or English according to the style sheet specified by the society. Peer reviews are to be conducted for the manuscripts submitted as [Papers] , [Note] or [Technical Information] therefore such papers and notes must not have ever been published or presented in the past. However, the following types are approved for submission.
(1) Papers obtained by revising [Explanation] or [Letter] for which peer reviews are not conducted, and formatted suitably for [Papers] , [Note] or [Technical Information] .
(2) Papers obtained by revising those published in non-judged proceedings of other academic societies.
There is no limit for number of pages in principle. However, when the total number of pages is considerably large, a burden charge may be imposed on the author based on the regulation separately established. Such a burden charge may be exempted by the editing committee's decision. The author that has an objection to a decision of the editing committee has a right to lodge a complaint to the editing committee in writing.
5. Submission methodAuthors are to use the format file specified by the society for their papers. Authors can download the format file from the next.
Submission address Authors are to send manuscripts to the following email address.
When the file size is too large to send by email, the author is to send the paper by MO, CD or DVD to the following address.
Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology
Associate Professor Kimihiko UENO (Ph.D)
5-7, Konan 4-cyome, Minatoku
Tokyo 108-8477, Japan
Style sheet for the journal "Mathematical and Physical Fisheries Science"
1. This journal aims at spreading various mathematical analytical techniques to be used on actual fishery situations. Therefore, it is preferred that derivation processes of mathematical formulas and theorem proving are explained in detail in appendixes. When they need to be abbreviated for unavoidable reasons, the authors are to show the references that can be easily obtained and explain such derivation processes or theorem proving.
2. Authors are to write manuscripts in Japanese or English conforming to the manuscript instructions.
3. Authors are to use the format file specified by the society for their papers. Entry examples and format files can be downloaded from the next.
Authors are to note that all manuscripts are printed in A4 sized papers without being revised or adjusted.